Machete attack, balloon vigil, dad found dead on the ferry

Good evening, these are the last headlines from ECHO for Tuesday April 19th.

Touching moment, relatives release hundreds of balloons in memory of Michael Toohey

Heartbroken loved ones have come together to launch hundreds of balloons into the sky in memory of Michael Toohey.

The 18-year-old from Oil Street, Liverpool, was found with multiple injuries in an internet cafe on Monument Place near London Road after being attacked. He was taken to Royal Liverpool Hospital but died shortly afterwards.

A murder investigation into the 18-year-old’s death is still ongoing and CCTV, forensic and witness investigations continue. Autopsy results confirmed that Michael died from multiple injuries.

Today, around 100 people attended a balloon release in memory of soon-to-be dad Michael at the scene of the tragic incident. Gold, blue and heart-shaped balloons were all released into the sky as loved ones played songs in the background.

Read the full story here.

Machete burglar breaks into man’s house and sever his artery

A burglar has been jailed after breaking into a man’s house and slitting his artery with a machete.

Daniel Dickinson, 30, cornered the victim and attacked him in his living room in Ellesmere Port. The 30-year-old pleaded guilty to aggravated burglary and was jailed for 11 years. He will also receive four years of extended license.

Nathan Tuppeny, also 30, from High Street Gresford, North Wales, was sentenced to 18 months in prison after he admitted helping Dickinson flee in his vehicle.

Read the full story here.

Father-of-five found dead on Stena Line ferry while traveling to Liverpool

A father of five has been found dead by his daughter after boarding a Stena Line ferry.

Jon Morley was on his way to Liverpool to visit friends in the city with his son and daughter when he died suddenly. The tragedy happened around 20 minutes into the ferry crossing from Dublin to Holyhead on April 8.

The 52-year-old’s family described his death as ‘completely out of the blue’ and said he was apparently ‘fit and healthy’. Jon, who lived in Liverpool for over a decade, has been described as a “family man at heart”. He leaves behind four sons and a daughter.

Read the full story here.