The Australian Phenomenon, Bluey, takes to the skies over New York this Thanksgiving as part of the annual tradition that is the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
What is happening:
- The adorable pup from the global hit series, Bluey, takes flight over New York this year for the very first time in the 2022 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- The hit series, hailing from Australia, made its domestic debut on Disney Junior (also available on Disney+), and shares the power of creativity and imaginative play. The hugely popular Australian children’s cartoon follows Bluey, a 6-year-old Blue Heeler dog who loves to play and turns everyday family life into extraordinary adventures that unfold in unpredictable and hilarious ways.
- The Bluey Balloon was hand painted by a team of artists with approximately 50 gallons of blue paint and measures 52 feet high, 51 feet long, and 37 feet wide.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade takes place in New York on Thursday, Nov. 24, and will air live on NBC and stream on Peacock at 9 a.m. in all time zones. The annual tradition marks the start of the festive season for many, with the parade’s giant balloons, elaborate floats and all the epic entertainment of performances and marching bands.
- Fans can keep an eye out for Bluey in the sky, and down the street they can watch the ‘Magic Meets
- Disney Cruise Line’s Sea Float returns this year.
- Bluey can be seen on Disney Junior, the DisneyNOW app, and is also available to stream on Disney+.