Hello everyone. It’s me, Andrew Tessler, your host of the Huntington’s Daily – here to tell you everything good to print on what’s happening in town these days. Follow the latest news.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partly sunny and less humid. High: 79 Low: 66.
Here are the top 4 stories in Huntington today:
- With graduation season and summer here, PSEG has released a statement on the dangers of Mylar balloons flying in the sky. “While they are festive, fun and beautiful, we want the public to know that metallic balloons also conduct electricity. If they become loose and come into contact with a power line or other electrical equipment, it could cause power outages, fire, and possible injury.“said Michael Sullivan, vice president of transmission and distribution for PSEG Long Island. (now)
- Animals available for adoption at local shelters. Check out these adorable animals for adoption at Huntington area shelters. Meet Billy, Aurora and more this week. If you see a potential pet that catches your eye, click on their photo to learn more about them and consider adopting them today. (Huntington patch)
- Find out who is hiring this week in the Huntington area. In our weekly collaboration with ZipRecruiter, you can view all the companies hiring locally in and around Huntington. If you see a position that interests you, click on it for more information and apply! (Huntington patch)
- Police are looking for a man who stole prepaid cell phones from Commack Target. The man stole three prepaid cell phones on June 4. Police are asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-221-TIPS. (News 12 Brooklyn)
Today in Huntington:
- Networking Breakfast: A panel discussion with the City Supervisor, DA and LIA – The Paramount. (7:30 a.m.)
- Presentation of Sports Awards 2021-2022 – JGHS Football Field (Raindate). (4:30 p.m.)
- School Board Meeting—Cold Spring Harbor Central School District. (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Huntington Manor Fire Department Fan Page: “Our condolences to the members of the Hauppauge Fire Department on the passing of Ex-Chief Stephen Feron who performed on Saturday June 11. Rest in peace boss.”Huntington Manor Fire Department fan page via Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: Eighth graders at Finley Middle School recently celebrated their school experiences on the red carpet. Take a look at the gallery in the link! (Huntington Union Free School District via Facebook)
- Outstretched Hand Rescue Mission: Looking for Tuesday night plans? Helping Hand organizes a free concert at Jazz Lodge Tuesday night with jazz music! (Helping Hand Rescue Mission via Facebook)
- Huntington Historical Society: The Huntington’s African American Planning Committee fundraiser needs your help. Find out what your donations will be used for in the link. (Huntington Historical Society via Facebook)
- Greenlawn Civic Association: The The Greenlawn Wiffleball tournament takes place this Saturday at Harborfields High School. Sign up now by clicking the link in the Facebook post! (Greenlawn Civic Association via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday on the right foot. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update!
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! My name is Andrew and I have been a resident of Huntington for 7 years. I’ve lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, travel, stand-up paddleboarding and of course going to restaurants and events in Huntington!
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Contact me at Huntington@Patch.com