Hello again everyone ! It’s me, John Braese, your host of the Daily. Let’s start this day off on the right foot, with a brief overview of the most important things happening around the city…
The answers to our reader question continue to arrive at the Boise Daily regarding the West Idaho Fair. Barb in Boise said she found “less exhibits, both in buildings, businesses and exhibitors, less livestock, open class pigs were cancelled, didn’t even find the small animals “. Add higher food prices from vendors and Barb wrote “not planning to attend Next year. “
The Boise Daily do not wish to shy away from your thoughts on the fair, but we also wish to tip over and include your thoughts on the Spirit of Boise Classic Hot Air Balloon. If you go to the park to enjoy the balloons, let us know about your experience by e-mail email@example.com.
Welcome to the Thursday edition from the Boise Daily. If you’re planning on attending Boise’s Balloon Classic, here are a few useful tips in our first story. A candidate for the Boise School Board has things to say, and work will continue to be suspended on the Hot Springs Mesa. A man is in keep after a wood fire and get ready for $3 moviesat least for a day.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Temperatures close to records. High: 99 Low: 64.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Boise who want to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Boise Daily readers to local businesses they need to know. If this is you, then I urge you to learn more and secure your place now.
Here are today’s top stories in Boise:
- This week is very special for the skies above Boise as the Spirit of Boise Classic Hot Air Balloon takes off. CBS2 news staff offer something useful tricks on catching the show. A newcomer and a former professional will find some tips for celebrating our visitors in a hot air balloon. (Idaho News)
- A Boise School Board Candidate as the trustee has responded to claims that he is affiliated with the Liberty Dogs. Candidate’s written response Neil (Gnome) Mercer is published in the IdahoEdNews. (idahoednews)
- After the residents came out and asked a promoter to comply with a convention 2018BoiseDev reporter Marguerite Carmel report it enlargement of the road to Warm Springs Mesa will be deferred until 2023. Citing a redesign, the school year and supply chain issues, the Ada County Road District and developer M3 companies announced that no land will be moved until next year. M3 Companies is unable to develop 49 open lots on the Mesa until construction on Starview is complete. (boisedev)
- A man from Boise was stopped in connection with a criminal fire which damaged a Boise Bench yard and fence. KTVB-TV Personal report James Lemm was arrested by investigators after public councils helped with the investigation. (ktvb)
- September 3 is national cinema day and to celebrate, theaters around Boise are offering Discounted $3 tickets. KIDO-AM’s Michelle Heart report it Regal Edwards at the Boise Spectrum has $3 tickets, even including pricey IMAX shows at a discount. Other theaters participating in the $3 special offer include Eagle Luxe Reel, Reel Theatre-Northgate, Caldwell Luxe Reel, Reel Theatre-Nampa, Regal Edwards Nampa Spectrum, Regal Edwards Nampa Gateway, Cinemark Majestic Cinemas and Village Cinema. (kidotalkradio)
Today in Boise:
- The Boise Public Library! at Collister hosts Family story time Thursday. (10:30 a.m.)
- The Idaho Chapter of the Sierra Club will hold a Canals Connect Community Coalition monthly meeting Thursday. (Midday)
- The host of the Downtown Boise Association First Thursday in Downtown Boise. (5 p.m.)
- The city of Boise is hosting the Town Hall First Thursday Show. (5 p.m.)
- Features of the Idaho Botanical Garden Fragile graves Thursday evening. (7:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Visit Boise: “Be sure to tag us in all your @spiritofboise Balloon Classic photos for a chance to be featured on our page. We look forward to celebrating the next magical days in downtown Boise. #visitboise #boiseidaho #spiritofboise.” (Visit Boise via Instagram)
- Boise Parks and Recreation: “Dry Creek Trail. Pack lots of water and wear sunscreen if you plan on hitting the trails during this latest heat wave!” (Boise Parks and Recreation via Instagram)
- Boise Police Department: “Thank you to everyone who shares our posts and calls for advice when we ask for information. Detectives today arrested James Lemm after an investigation into a suspected arson attack near State Street and N. Clover Drive on August 14th. ” (Boise Police Department via Facebook)
- Wooded Zoo: “While we were filling his water bowl, Aldabra turtle Mr. Mac decided it would be more refreshing to hang out directly under the tap to cool off!” (Boise Zoo via Facebook)
- Blue Galleries in Boise State: “Notes for Tomorrow Blue Galleries at Boise State University August 30-October 21. Gallery hours: Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Reception: Friday, September 9, 4-7 p.m. h. Admission is free and open to all.” (Blue Galleries in Boise State via Instagram)
You are officially informed for today. I’ll join you early tomorrow with another update!
— John Braese
About me: Welcome to the Boise edition of patch.com. I’m the community editor at this exciting endeavor for the Boise area. I was born and raised in Boise, attended Bishop Kelly High School before graduating from Borah High School over a few years ago. I’ve seen Boise grow significantly over the past few years, while still retaining my hometown appeal. I want to know what’s important to you and what stories you want to see on patch.com. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a phone call or text at 208 954-9585.